Friday, June 27, 2008

My Baby Shower

I have been so lazy in updating my blog off late.

I have had my baby shower on 9Th of this month in Hyderabad. That was quite a traditional affair. It went on well. I have earlier attended the baby shower of my sis-in-law but don't really know the concept much. Traditionally speaking, this is celebrated only for the first pregnancy when the delivery happens at maternal place. So the mom-to-be's parents come to her in laws house, give her bangles and chalividi( a dessert made out of rice flour and jaggery) and take her back to her house for delivery. This usually happens in the odd months say 5th, 7th or 9th. Giving bangles is to ward off the evil eye on the growing tummy and chalividi is for the baby's well being. In the 9th month in-laws come to the girls house and give her flowers just to see if she is doing well. For me i am not sure if the second part of the function happens in my ninth month because of traveling constraints.

Mom presented me a rubys set (a necklace and ear rings) and in-laws gave me gold kangan. The baby did not get any gift. She might me awaiting her presents eagerly.

I have got my scanning done again. Unfortunately I did not get to see the baby much this time. Sid had a nice view. She was sucking her thumb and was laughing(may be upon seeing her father) That was such a pleasant thing to see. Just cant wait to see her. I have got my Hb, TSH and OST done all of which show normal results which everyone is happy about. I am now 55 Ks.

Me n S went to the doctor whom i will be going to for my delivery. We found the hospital rooms very hygienic. We are quite OK with it. Doctor too seemed to be very good and spoke well.
We even had our first counselling class (which is supposed to be attended during the third month) there. Most of the details were already known to me but for newbies it is definitely helpful especially to the ones with all those pregnancy fears in mind and having no one to turn to. I was also told few Yoga exercises which i did just for a day. Quite a bad mom. In my regular chore i can hardly fit in some time for Yoga. I wish i could.

I tried not to eat any junk during my Hyd trip but i had my dinner outside once. On my way back to Bangalore i noticed blood in my stools which was very alarming. I just could not sleep for few mights for the fear of having piles. Miraculously all that disappeared even before i visited the doc. But i wanted to confirm that i was doing fine. I visited the doctor last Thursday. She said i have had some food infection and that explains the blood in the stools. One bad news was that she told I had some vaginal infection and prescribed some antibiotics. The course is about to be finished and i feel relaxed. My next visit is due this Thursday.

My weight is increasing but i don't look like that. Tummy is slightly showing up now. I have got around 5 new dresses to wear. Mom is worried i might have an early delivery. I will be travelling to Hyderabad during my 36th week. I am just being optimistic by thinking that it will not happen till i reach Hyderabad. Lets just wait and see. The leg cramps have increased alot. Poor S is massaging my feet every day. Forgot to say one thing, i accidentally bruised my feet two weeks back which became quite a pain later on. Doc said it has got infected. I am taking medicine for that too.

I actually thought of writing the baby shower post along with the pictures. Unfortunately it took me so long. Here is the link for those pics.

No comments: