Thursday, May 30, 2019

Darling Daughter


Its our 14th marriage anniversary yesterday. Sid was busy with his CEO visiting the city. So I was not sure if he'd be home early. He reached home around 8:30pm (early under normal circumstances) Kids and I were super excited as mom and madhu have sent a cake to cut. Kids waited for him to freshen up and could no longer hold their excitement. So I spilled the beans and asked him to get ready soon for a cake cutting session (albeit photo session included)

We had to call mom over a video call so Ishi took charge of arranging the cake and call mom too. Suddenly we realized there wont be any pics if its a video call. Hence she few pics of us and Pratheek who could not wait any longer to cut the cake himself. And soon after she called up mom again to view the cake cutting. It kept troubling me that 4 of us dont have a pic of today but she dint feel bad about it. Behaved very matured for her age. I could see that all her concentration was to see that cake cutting happens smoothly.

We ordered food from outside and sat down with a drink. And switched on the TV. She voluntarily came and told us that we both can watch whatever we wanted and that she'd handle Pratheek in the green bedroom. We let them sit there for a while but could not sit happily without them being around. We asked them to sit with us and happily watched Jordindian (anytime fav hands down)

When the time came to hit the sack, she came to me and said "Mom I'd sleep in the other room today and you and dad can sleep in the same room." I could not hide my happiness with the way she thought at that point of time. All she thought was...."SOMEWAY I HAVE TO KEEP MOM AND DAD HAPPY. Its their day" It was a very sweet gesture from her. But we choose to sleep together ....all 4 of us. We are family and a happy one at that. Love you so much Ishi. My darling.

No comments: