Friday, August 5, 2011

Conversations

Sad there has not been a single post in the month of July. Here is wishing that no months should be as empty as that. Though I did not pen a single post, there is quite a lot that took place in July. Its been a potpourri of all emotions. All about that in some post later. As of now, I would like to make a note of Ishis vaagudu(talk).


1. Ishi does not like her face to be cleaned, especially when it comes to her eyes she will cry the moment I try to do something. So one morning after she woke up, I started to clean her eyes with water. She naturally resisted and asked me not to clean. Then I had to explain her that I the eyes are very dirty in the mornings and we have to clean them to ensure perfect vision. She is not one to keep quiet like that right. And now read our conversation from here on:
Ishi: Amma naa kallu eppudu clean. Nuvvu clean cheyakudadu (Mom, my eyes are always clean so you should not clean)
Mom: Alaaga aithe nenun choopisthanu adi dirty ani (Oh then I will show you how unclean they are)
I showed some eye poop found in her eye.
Ishi: Oh idi 'eyes cream ' aa?? (Oh is this 'eyes cream'? )
She siad this as it looked like a cream. So she gave it her own name :-)

2. Whenever I scold Ishi for some mischief she did, she has a way to ensure I come out of my anger and show her my love. Here is how she does it.
Me: Ishi you are a very bad girl. No matter how many times I tell you, you end up doing the same mistake. (I say it with a frown and a little harsh voice)
Ishi: (looks at me innocently as if she dint understand a word I said.....comes to me and says)Amma ikkada muddu pettu (closes her fist and stretches it out to me)
Me: Why should I kiss you (My voice still harsh)
Ishi: Mari naaku nuvvante ishtamante (I love you right)
Me: Neeku ishtamaithe nuvvu muddu pettu nenu enduku pettali? (If you like me, you kiss me, why should I?)
Ishi: Mari neeku nenante ishtamani naaku ela thelusthundi? (Then how will I know if you also like me)

By this time she would succeed completely in what she intended to do, melt my heart. We end up kissing each other :-)

3. Once after I scolded Ishi, I found her crying long after I did so. Initially she dint thought. SO I went and asked her why you are crying now?
Ishi: Mari nuvvu nannu thittakudadu. Kani thittavu. Thappu kada. Anduke edusthunna.
What else do I have to say to this? Needless to say that the story ended with me hugging my darling and pampering her for her innocence.

4. Sometimes Ishi just does not want to let me go off. I should carry her even when I am doing some heavy tasks like carrying a bucket full of water etc. One day, I was carrying to-be-washed clothes to the washing machine and also had to carry Ishi along with me. I have been carrying her for long by then. So I was obviously little tired and irritated too. So I spoke to S.
Me: S, ee battalu mosesariki, deenni mosesariki naa pani ayipothondi (I am done carrying Ishi and the clothes. I am tired)
Ishi: ledu naanna. Battalu nenu mosanu. Amma nannu ethukundi anthe. (No dad, I carried the clothes. Mom was just holding me)
Now it was our turn t laugh at what she said and all my lassitude has gone without trace.

5. Usually me n Ishi watch TV together. but sometimes when I am watching, she goes and plays either in the kitchen or bedroom or in the balcony etc. Once the same thing happened and I was completely immersed in the show I was watching. Suddenly I hear the same dialogues that I hear on the show, outside in my drawing room. I was surprised to find Ishi mouthing those hindi dialogues with ease. She was neither watching TV nor concentrated on the show. She was just playing in the kitchen and must have listened to the dailogues inadvertently. If only she paid attention to what she is doing, she would make miracles. I am sure !! Love you so much baby.

6. She likes that colin ad on TV. Keeps singing 'Chamak chamak' :-) She even knows we have it at home. What an observation!!

7.The other day when I took her out to Garuda mall on some personal work. She knew we went there on my work. She also knew there was a gaming zone as well as play area. Here is what she had to say.
Ishi: Nenu nee pani kosam neetho vachanu kada, mari nannu game ball theesuku vellava? I accompanied you for your work. Now wont you take care of my things which meant wont you take me to the play area.

8. She learnt this dialogue somewhere and keeps saying it often.
'Nenu emi cheyaalanukuntunnano thelusaa' means do you know what I want to do now?

Saying this dialogue effortlessly in telugu is something unusual for her age.

No comments: