Friday, April 11, 2008

Eureka........one problem solved

I visited a gynaecologist during my Hyd trip as i did not see a doctor after my 1st month checkup. One more reason was that we were trying to zero in on one doctor and hospital where i can deliver the baby. The delivery rooms were a put off. I spoke to the doctor about all the doubts i had. Her answers were not satisfactory. It took no time for me to realize that she is not the one.

I had this problem of stuffy nose right from my first month. She replied like a deadpan and said that pregnancy is not the reason for this. Recently, as i was going through baby sites, i came to know few interesting facts about stuffy nose.

A runny or stuffed-up nose without any other cold symptoms is a common condition during pregnancy. Some women feel as if they have a cold throughout the whole nine months. This condition has a name -- allergic rhinitis of pregnancy. Unfortunately there is no cure. But we can do certain things for relief. Something like inhaling steam, having a hot shower before bed may help relieve congestion and sooth us. I started having showers before sleep. Its working.

One more problem i encountered is "Dry Skin". I have an oily skin and usually use very little moisturizer. Since my second month it has become the opposite. I am finding it extremely difficult to tackle this problem.

I already started getting stretch marks on my tummy and thighs. I will have to think about this as well.


***********This post is yet to be eidted and more to be written

No comments: