Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Feelings - 1

I am around 18 weeks pregnant by now. I have been experiencing different kinds of stomach aches in different areas of my stomach off late. I have told this to a gynaec during my last visit. She did not do any internal examination but has said that this could lead to preterm labor (which actually sounded weird) She did not even tell me why it is happening. Though i told mom that i took this casually, every time i get the pain i am cringing with fear.

I sometimes feel a pulling sensation around my navel. Sometimes it would be a sharp pain in any of the sides of the stomach. It is a pinching sensation low in my stomach. It is not excruciating but painful enough that I cant help noticing it. I feel a stretching sensation many times.

I have still not decided upon my local gyneac and am very eager to share this with someone who can help me. All the docs i have encountered till date have not been satisfactory. I feel quite helpless.
Mom takes things very seriously especially when it comes to me. S can not empathize with me. I cannot share it with anyone. I am in a unhappy mood today and feel like crying.

I wonder if i am becoming a hypochondriac. But i think almost 90% of the first-time-mothers with no family around will have the same feelings. Even with the slightest of the change in your body, you will be frightened and worried. It is more of a worry about the baby's well being than yours.

I just keep wishing that this painful phase would pass off as early as it can. I just hope everything is fine with me and my baby.

No comments: