Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Complaint On Ishi

This so far as I remember has been the funniest of all the complaints I have got on Ishi.

As I went to pick her up from the daycare in the evening, her ex-class teacher, rosy ma'm, came rushing to me with a scary and worried face. That caused me a little worry and I immediately asked her if Ishi was alright. She then smiled and said, "Oh do I look so scary today?". I just smiled back at her and asked her what is the matter. She then opened Ishi's school bag in front of me and said, "Do you know what she got to school today? Please tell her not to get such stuff again to school and take care". I was like, "Oh my god what the hell can that be that it worried her ma'm so much". By then all the other people in the school, helpers, cook, watchman and all, have gathered to see what is happening there. I was very anxious to see what is going to pop out from the bag. And lo....suddenly it came out and I burst out laughing. Everyone was surprised to see my reaction.

It was a gold plated and stone studded waist band. But behold it is not gold at all and is very deceptive. Thanks to begum bazaar stuff. (Ever since that theft happened in my Pragathi Nagar house and I lost most of my real gold, I never ever bothered to wear gold again. )It appears so natural that one can make out it is not gold only upon a very close inspection. So no wonder....even Rosy ma'm thought it is gold and was clinging on to Ishis bag since she saw it inside. It seems Ishi called her ma'm and told her, "Ma'm do you know what I have got to school today??" and took this thing out. And that is it. Poor ma'ms heart was in her mouth and she carefully kept it back in the bag and kept that bag with her till I came.

When I explained her that it was not gold every one burst out laughing. I told her ma'm that everyday, I keep Ishi's bag ready the previous night itself and she keeps ransacking the bag the next morning and stuffs all the things she finds amusing in it to show off to her friends. I promised rosy that I would not cause such worries to them anymore and would search her bag just before moving out of the house.

Though this incident seemed to be very funny, I must thank the daycare people for their honesty and reliability in handing over things back safely. Even if it was for her 2 rupees hair clip, they would let me know about it and return it back.

After all this chaos......me and Ishi left the school and were walking to the main road to get an auto. I slowly asked her why she brought the waist band to school. I could not help laughing at her reply. Ishi actually wore a ghagra to school in the morning. She asked me to give her bangles, chain, ear rings, hair clip etc. I gave all that to her. It seems she even asked about the waist band which I dint listen in my haste to run to work. So she went and took it herself. As she dint know how to wear it, she kept it in her bag :-) What else can I say to her after listening to her. I just bent and kissed her for her innocence.

Ishi baby you remind me of a character I read years back in my english text. Shall write about that in another blog. For the time being.....love you for your innocence. Keep your 'allari' going on as long as it does not cause any harm to anyone. Love you.

No comments: