Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ishi Baby ..........You Are The Best

Dear Ishi,

Everyday, when I drop you at the daycare, you cry miserably and make it tough for us to leave you there and go. This is not because you do not like the place. But because you enjoy the time you are with me and your dad more than that. I can empathize with you. But I am so helpless that I cannot do anything about it except tell you that being there in the playschool will only do good for you in future.

You would cry till we leave the school premises and would stop it just within a minute or two. Probably you understand that no one will spare your cry (read sorrow) once mamma and pappa are away. Though I cant be sure if they(your maam's) ever tried to calm you down with just love everyday and all the time, I can tell you that they really took very good care of you since you were a 7 month old baby. Your maam's would tell you everyday not to cry and its not a cool thing that a good girl would do. They would give you stars, chocolates, ice creams and all on your hand (read draw with a pen or sketch etc). Mom and dad would tell you the same all the way from home to Scribbles everyday. You would nod your head for all that we said and once we reach school, you would start crying again. It was so tough for mom and dad to leave seeing you cry. I used to have that same crying face of yours in my mind till I saw you smiling in the evening when I came to pick you up.

So...today as I dropped you I thought you would repeat the whole thing again. To my surprise....you started saying, "Mamma...scribbles.......wowww" with big rolling eyes. I was surprised. When I dropped you, arthi madam was at the gate to take you in. The moment I kept you down, you had tears in your eyes. But you fought them back with a smile (I could still clearly see the tears) and told me, "Amma, you leave, ishi will be fine !!!". You knew amma will feel bad to see you cry that way. It was my turn to fight back the tears. Tell me which kid on earth who is less than 3 years old is as matured and understanding as you. At that moment I just felt like running back to you and hug you and kiss you and draw you close to me. I just could not take a single step away from you. It is with great difficulty that I did so and I myself will know that it was such an uphill task at that moment.

Did I ever tell you that you are far more intelligent than any kid of your age? You proved this not once but countless number of times. You surprised us all the time. You being our first kid, we did not know whats right for certain age. All the skills you showed, we thought was common and was just right. Only when we saw other kids much elder to you do it, did we realize your potential. Kudos kiddo. You are just amazing.

Baby.....whatever good or bad you do.......you are a very special and wonderful kid that anyone can have. You are the best. We love you so much kanna.

Love,
Amma and Naanna

No comments: