Monday, June 27, 2011

Ishi Eats Junk Food.....First Time

People who are reading this blog, I know you would be wondering why dedicate a post to eating JUNK FOOD. Read on.......you would know :-)

I had an official call this evening. So I came back home earlier than usual. S also was early to take care of Ishi while I am on the call. Once I was done with it, we thought of taking a stroll to a nearby chat shop to get mirchi bajjis.

Now when I talk about unhealthy food, I have to share our food habits to you. We usually eat out very less. The approximate frequency would be once in every two months or when there is an absolute necessity. I even pack lunch to work so that I do not have to eat out.

After Ishi was born, we have cut down the 'eating out' habit to a great extent. We try to tone down the necessity to eat out. We do not want her to eat out for health reasons and also she is too young to start eating out. Ishi also never liked restaurant food or street food and hence that worked in our favor. As Ishi does not eat out side.......whatever few number of times we ate out, it became a challenge for us to reach home on time before her food time and cook something for her. Or I needed to carry some food when we had a planned eat out. This prompted us to cut down our eating out habit. We never felt bad about it and in a way....thanks to her she has been an instrumental in us adapting to a healthier lifestyle. Now I even watch what I cook and what we eat which has not been the case before.

Coming back to the Bajji story.....we had a craving for bajjis and decided to go there. We took Ishi in her cycle. She had a happy time sitting on the cycle and being 'pushed' (she never peddled anyway) We got there as fast as we could only to be informed that the mirchi bajjis were finished. We decided not to go back home empty stomached and ordered for a plate of potato bajjis (though they called it a bajji .......it was a roundel of potato curry covered in chick pea flour)

As soon as we got the plate, Ishi started eating though it was a bit spicy. She never ceased to give surprises. And once we were done, she asked for more. She digged in to the other plate as well along with us. I was so happy about that. As a mother who should advocate kids eating healthy food, I was happy with her eating street food and that too a not so healthy potato bajji fried in used oil. I know what I am saying.

Let me tell you something. While I did not want Ishi to eat out, I always wanted her to be a survivor. She should not be so delicate that, in future when she had a necessity to eat out, eating out just once would cause her diarrhea. Now that she would turn three in 3 months, I am ok with it.

Hope now you know why a post on junk food. This is to make a note of Ishis eating out first time.


Ishi baby, while I give you an official nod to eat junk food, I, at the same time want you to watch what you are eating and be wise in eating. I would undoubtedly give you all the knowledge that would enable you to take decisions wisely.
Way to go...

No comments: