Monday, June 13, 2011

Sooooper Ishi

Last night S was not home. And I was having my dinner on the dining table. Now this is quite contrary to our regular routine. We at home have this habit of having food while watching TV. Hence we hardly use the dining table.

As I was eating my food, Ishi came to the table and asked me to serve food for her as well. When I did so, she insisted she would eat it herself. To my dismay, she ate it really well without spilling at all. I stopped eating and just sat there admiring her. I told her that she did a good job and gestured that it was an awesome job (with that trademark Rajnikanth 'Sooper' style) She was happy and gave me a smile. I told to myself (I actually said it aloud) that Ishi is growing up so fast and I feel bad for that (meaning she will soon lose that innocence and all very soon and would have to embark her tough and not so smooth journey in life)
She immediately retorted saying "Why?" in a "Whats bothering you if I grow up?" kind of expression. I suddenly did not know if I should laugh at her innocence or feel bad because she really understands anything I speak which is too early for her age.

Dear Ishi baby....whatever you are........you are really a special kid. I do not say this as I am your mother but I really mean what I said. Anyone who spends a little time with you would comment saying she is no ordinary kid. There is something very unique about you honey. Be it your individuality or you decisiveness or your commanding nature.......be it anything you are special. When you make up your mind about something......its tough to deter you from it. You are very firm about it and express very clearly what you want. Many people are surprised when they listen you speak and know your age. Its quite a surprise to them that a kid this age can speak so clearly about what she wants. I feel proud to be your mother.
I would never want you to leave any of this natural traits of yours. Love you baby.

No comments: