Sunday, June 26, 2011

Friends @ Home

What was touted to be another hectic weekend turned out to be a better one. My friend S and her family finally made the much awaited and much postponed trip to our house. Her mom and my mom were colleagues in CCC and then they became very close friends. They both conceived me n S almost at the same time with few months difference. So I can say our friendship bloomed much before we were born and lo it continued till now. Hope it will be the same with the next gen too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I waited all afternoon for their visit. They finally arrived around 7pm and my hubby S followed them an hour later. It was a pleasant evening.

Ishi had a nice time with my friends 9month old son. For her the baby was just like any of her girl toys. She rocked him in her chair, played 'shampoo'(she acts as if she applied shampoo and is giving bath......she does this game often)with him. They had fun on kitchen theen took snaps here and there. While the dads were having their own sort of fun, me n friend S caught up with our usual conversation ranging from our childhood times to our college days to our current married life and kids.

They left this morning post breakfast. Ishi felt something amiss after they left. This feeling of her now a days has become a common thing of sorts. She is usually used to having no one except me n S at home. So whenever someone comes home, its a carnival for her. She seems to be quite a peoples person and enjoys being among them. Though she shows some initial resistance, she mingles with them in no time. She gets very close to them. So naturally when someone leaves....she misses them so much. Hope we will have days with houseful all the time.....her granny, grandpas et al......Amen.

No comments: