Saturday, June 18, 2011

Family Time

S took an off and I chose to WFH yesterday. B pinni and another doc arrived home as planned. They were to attend a doctors seminar at NIMHANS. I woke up earlier than usual and tried to keep everything including the breakfast ready. They arrived around 7:15, got ready and pushed off almost immediately. They said they would have breakfast at NIMHANS itself. While S went to drop them at the venue, I got Ishi ready. Once S was back we dropped her at the day care and came back home. I logged in to work as soon as we were home. I had a call till 1pm. Fortunately I made arrangements for lunch in the morning itself and so I dint have to struggle much for that. We then decided to get Ishi back home. Plan was to take her to the nearest gaming zone (Meenakshi mall) and let her have her share of fun........she has been asking about it for quite sometime now. As S went to pick her up, I got ready. We did not take much time to have our lunch and moved out around 4pm. We headed straight to the gaming zone and were there for about an hour. I played basket ball and did bowling while Ishi had fun with games her age.

We then went to Hypercity to find any raincoats for her if available and I did my usual grocery shopping there. I could not get the cheese of my choice but found a substitute to make Ishis pasta. I also got some non-toxic colors for ishis face painting. That was our last halt and we were home much before 6pm.

I made Stir fried button mushroom (our all time fav) and also dished out my own pasta recipe(finally). It turned out to be an ok one with S commenting that the pasta could have been a little more cooked. I took the comments sportively and am already planning to perfect the same recipe sometime soon. Ishi meanwhile had fun with the face painting colors I got for her. Needless to say she messed up the entire place and I had a lot of cleaning to do after she was done with it.

B pinni and the other doc came home exhausted around 9:20. We soon had our pretty lazy and long dinner meanwhile Ishi kept the guests entertained with her antics.......

Another hectic yet pleasant weekend with family. Love to have more of such days with S and Ishi. Amen :-)

No comments: