Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Conversations 1

Hereafter I want to write about the conversations between me and ishi. For some instances, I feel, its better to make a note of the whole situation rather than mentioning just her dialogue.

To start with, here is what has happened yesterday.......

1. Yesterday morning.........we were on the way to Ishis daycare to drop her. She has this habit of commenting on everything she sees and asking questions about it.
She saw an icecream hoarding with strawberries in it.
Ishi: "Amma strawberries naku chala ishtam. Bavuntundi. Chaaala bavuntundi. Strawberry icecream kuda baavuntundamma"
Me: "Neeku emi thelse strawberry icecream gurunchi?"
Ishi: "Nuvvu naku chesavu kada amma, strawberry milkshake. Naku chala ishtam"

I was so happy that she not only notices my efforts but also remembers them.

2. Yesterday while coming from the daycare in the auto
Me: Ishi what did you eat today?
Ishi: No answer from her
Me: Then I remember the menu displayed outside scribbles and ask her, "Did you eat puliogare?"
Ishi: "Oh puliogare thinnanu. Chaala kaaram ga undi amma. Ammo entha kaaramo." This she says in her typical style with rolling eyes and nodding head.
Me: "Mari some more water thaagaleda?"
Ishi: "Thaaganu amma. Kani inka puliogare thinaledu"
Me: "Lunch lo cabbage kura thinnava?"
Ishi: "Lunch Emi thinaledu. Pappu thinaledu. Cabbage kura thinaledu"
Me: "Breakfast lo jam roll"
Ishi: She is now very excited. "Adi chala baaguntundi amma. Ishi chesipedathava. Cheppu ishi ki chethava? Yummy yummeee."
Me: I smile and tell her "Chesthanu kanna. EK retail lo jam thechukuni chesukundaam"
Ishi: She is very happy now


3. We wet for shopping after we came back from school. In EK Retail:
Me: "Dont pick up chips Ishi? Neeku daggu undi kada. Ekkuva avuthundi."
Ishi: Does not listen.
Me: "Sare aite oka small packet theesuko. Big di vaddu"
Ishi: Its obvious that she does not listen again.
We move on to another section. And Ishi picked up a small maaza bottle. Even before that I took a Mango squash bottle. I tell her to leave the small one and keep the big one.
Ishi: " Sare amma. Aithe neekuee small bottle. Naku ee big bottle. Neeku kuda kaavali kada mari."
In biling counter I dropped many of the things she picked up and billed the rest.


4.After we reached home it was dark and no power. I asked her to stay at Bunty's house till I make some arrangement. She unwillingly said yes.
After sometime I went and picked her up even though the power was not up. We came home. She straightaway came into the kitchen and searched for the chips packets.She found the small one and gave it to me saying "Amma its for you. Mari big di edi? Naku elaga?" That was her tactic to find out where I kept the big packet.
Me: "nenu adi konaledu"
Ishi: Starts crying.
Me: Took out another small chips packet already at home and ask her to choose between those.
Ishi: She picked one. And sat down eating.

After sometime ....
Me: "Ishi, bunty vaalla intiki velthavaa?"
Ishi: Chiraakuga moham petti ,"indaake vella kada"
I dint utter a word after that !!!!!!!

No comments: