Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day One Of School

As always (and late) I realized, I write most of my posts about an activity much after it happened.

Yesterday was Ishi's first day to school after the two-month summer camp. Ishi now moved on to Nursery (which she insists to be called only as 'Nursery Class' and not just 'Nursery) from PG. I am sure she does not know what exactly does moving into a new class mean, she was initially super excited about it.

Me and her dad went to drop her at the playschool. She has been chirping all throughout the way, but the moment we were in the school vicinity, she started this 'I don't want Scribbles' song and clinged on to me like a baby monkey. She was at the peak of her crying when we reached the school. Arti took her from me, and tried to calm her down. But Ishi was so determined to cry. I mean.......there are times when she acts crying, but this one looked real. It was heart rendering.

Went to pick her in the evening, she was as happy as a lark and as fresh as a daisy. She did not speak much about her day. But said she moved on to nursery class. When I asked about Akshaya, ishi said she did not come. Akshaya is a teacher at Scribbles who likes Ishi the most......so much that people at the creche refer her as Ishis mom :-) But Ishi does not seem to share the same feelings with her. When we were told that Akshaya would be nursery class teacher, we dint have a second thought about moving Ishi to a different branch. We were very sure that Ishi would be well taken care of.

Thought the beginning of the day filled us with sadness........ending gave me some relief.

No comments: