Friday, June 10, 2011

What Can I Say????

While we were out somewhere on the way between home and Scribbles....Ishi asked me a very tough question.
Ishi: 'Amma why does not a tree talk?'
Amma: 'Because it does not have any mouth'
Ishi: 'Why does not a tree have a mouth?'
Amma: 'Because god dint give it one.'
Ishi: 'Why dint god give it one?'
Amma: I just dint know what to answer........I changed my stance and said....'Every tree has a mouth(roots), but it is under the ground. It feeds from that. It even speaks but it is not audible as it is deep under the ground.'
Ishi dint seemed to be satisfied with this answer of mine and started to ask something and then I was clever enough to divert her attention to something else.


Last evening we reached home and I was looking for keys to open the door. I asked her to switch on the light(she likes doing it) which she does happily. And then she suddenly looked at the round light which glowed upon her switching it on. Then itself I wondered what was going on in that little brain and got ready to volley answers to her questions.
Ishi: 'Amma did you notice, the light looks like a chapati !!'
Amma: I take a look at it and wondered how that thought never struck me as it indeed resembled a chapathi :-). I said 'Oh yes it definitely does look like one!!'
Ishi: 'Why is it like that then?'
Amma: 'Beacuse the 'light-maker' made it that way?'
Ishi: 'Why did her make it that way?'
Amma:.........dint have any answer to her not-so-stupid yet innocent questions.


Any answers to these?? Anyone???

No comments: